FRIENDS OUTSIDE IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY
CASE MANAGER: DADS BACK! ACADEMY
DATE OF JOB POSTING: February 25, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Friends Outside in Los Angeles County (FOLA) seeks to fill a Case Manager position for the “Dads Back! Academy” reentry fatherhood program. This position will report to the Program Director and provide outcomes-driven services to re-entry fathers and their children and families, in collaboration with our partners. This full-time position (40 hours/week) will work from an office in south Los Angeles. Occasional evening/Saturday hours are required. This position is available immediately.
Pay Range: $42,000 – $48,000, depending on experience and education. Benefits will include paid time off (e.g., vacation, holidays, sick time, and personal days), depending upon the selected plan, an employer-paid (or partially paid) health plan.
KEY DUTIES: This individual must work successfully with all persons without regard to ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, physical challenge, sexual preference, or gender.
- Conduct Client Orientations, screening and eligibility processes.
- Complete intakes and assessments for qualifying clients through which an Individualized Case Plan (ICP) will be created.
- Provide direct services and linkages based on the ICP.
- Conduct Life Skills workshops and support groups, and be cross-trained to conduct other curriculum-based groups as needed.
- Participate in “Family Engagement Nights”
- Conduct follow-up activities.
- Assist with outreach activities.
- Work collaboratively with all program staff and linkage organizations and agencies.
- Create and maintain complete, accurate, updated, and orderly client files in confidential storage.
- Prepare and provide program data on a scheduled basis to the Data-Entry Specialist.
- Participate in case conferences, weekly supervision meetings, and monthly staff meetings.
- Participate in trainings and meetings as requested by the Director.
- In cooperation with other program staff, meet or exceed contractual goals.
- Assist in event planning and outreach events, orientations, assessment and other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to FOLA’s mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or other related field.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in a similar capacity with the reentry population and case management experience at a nonprofit organization working with at-risk populations.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, automobile insurance per California law.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Strong critical thinking skills and emotional intelligence.
- Familiarity with the criminal justice system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite.
- Flexible, multi-tasker with excellent organizational and time management skills; detail-oriented; meets deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, organized, reliable, flexible, upbeat.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
TO APPLY: Applicants should send a resume as an attachment in an email (i.e., not in the body of the email) to Sheldon Parker, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE, NO TELEPHONE CALLS.
Friends Outside in Los Angeles County hires persons with criminal convictions. The selected candidate will be subject to and must pass FOLA’s criminal history background check, which will be conducted in compliance with the guidelines of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.