JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – CASE MANAGER
DADS BACK! ACADEMY PROGRAM
POSTING DATE: June, 2023
The goal of the program is to provide high quality, effective, and compassionate services for this federally-funded reentry fatherhood program, resulting in strengthened and improved bonds between fathers and their children.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Case Manager will provide family-focused case management services to reentry fathers and their families, working in collaboration with the program team and external partners. This full-time position (40 hours/week) will report to the Project Director. This position will be the primary staff responsible for ensuring that the fathers complete the program. This full-time position (40 hours/week) will work out of an office in Inglewood.*
*Services have been modified during the pandemic with most services being conducted during this period virtually such as via a “Zoom” type of platform, telephonic/texting, and/or email from staff’s place of residence. Selected services are conducted in-person, masked, socially-distanced, and in public spaces. It is expected that an increasing number of services will be offered on-site at the program location in the coming year and job candidates should be prepared to work at the Inglewood office as the program procedures are modified in response to participants’ and program needs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about serving justice-involved individuals and is familiar with community resources. This non-exempt, full-time position will report to the Project Director or designee. Lived experience preferred.
Pay Rate: $22.84 – $26.44/hr., based on background, education, and experience. Employee benefits package will include paid time off and the employer’s contribution to a healthcare plan o the staff’s choice.
KEY DUTIES will include the following:
This individual must work successfully with all persons without regard to ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, physical challenge, sexual preference, or gender.
- Provide case management services, including but not limited to, screening/program eligibility process, intakes and assessments, linkages, supportive services, 1:1 meetings, and follow-up contacts.
- Develop a Family-Focused Reentry Plan (FFRP) with each father and provide and/or link participants to services and supports identified in the FFRP.
- Assist with father-child interaction activities.
- In partnership with the program team, build strong internal and external partnerships with community organizations and public agencies.
- Train to be a back-up facilitator, and be prepared to facilitate as needed, for a minimum of one primary curriculum.
- Create and maintain complete, accurate, and orderly client files (electronic and hard copies) in confidential storage.
- Prepare and provide program data on a scheduled basis to the Data Manager.
- Participate in case conferences and weekly supervision.
- Participate in trainings and meetings as requested by the supervisor.
- In cooperation with other program staff, meet or exceed grant goals.
- Maintain a schedule that is consistent with office hours.
- Assist in day-to-day operations as requested by supervisor.
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Child Development, Psychology, or a related field from a certified college/university.
- 3 years’ of case management experience with multi-barriered populations.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local community resources.
- Familiarity with the criminal justice system a plus.
- 2 years’ experience with data-entry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar program; Internet; Email, data entry and periodic reporting
- Mission-driven person with a strong work ethic, well-organized, reliable, flexible, and upbeat.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills. Spanish-speaking a plus.
- Ability to manage or perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Flexible team player with a passion for Friends Outside’s Mission.
TO APPLY: Applicants should send a cover letter and resume as attachments in an email (i.e., not in the body of the email) to firstname.lastname@example.org, writing “Case Manager/DB!A” in the subject line. PLEASE, NO TELEPHONE CALLS.
Friends Outside in Los Angeles County considers all qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.