Thank you to the following supporters because of whom we were able to assist the children and families we serve throughout the year during the December holidays:
- Good +Foundation
- Pasadena Community Foundation/Yes, Virginia Fund
- Spark of Love, Pasadena Fire Department
- Children’s Center, Encino Presbyterian Church
- Christ the Shepherd Lutheran Church
- W. Elizabeth Watts, C.P.A.
- Hannah Almstead
- Melvin Sacks, Attorney-at-Law
- Jamie Tullo
- Carolyn P. Harris
- New Guinea Travel
- United Methodist Women, Northridge
- Demaris Koenig
- Mary Anne Amitin
Because of you, we . . .
- Distributed toys and $15 gift cards to 277 children to purchase toys
- Distributed $25 or $50 gift cards (depending on family size) to 297 families so they could purchase food
“Love isn’t love until you give it away.”
Thanks to all who spent a fun and engaging afternoon with us for FACES! We also send our appreciation to Congresswoman Judy Chu and her assistant, Lindsay Plake, for creating a video message especially for the day (see below), our clients who shared their stories of transformation and how Friends Outside LA helped to make it possible, the talents of our emcee, Liz Watts (Liz Watts and Company), the amazing magic of Brian Ochab, International Magic Champion, the interviewing skills of Susanne Whatley (Host, 89.3 KPCC Morning Edition), and, finally, to the person behind the scene who made sure the day went off without a hitch, Marlene McCurtis (Persimmon Productions).
Caring is Contagious is a short fundraising film highlighting the pioneering work FOLA has done for almost fifty years serving the needs of incarcerated and formerly incarcerated individuals and their families. Several clients and staff members are featured in the film as well as FOLA’s executive director, Mary Weaver. See how our caring ripples forward and restores hope. *All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.